Our Vision (what we want)
A New York City public school system that is equitable, inclusive, antiracist and free of all forms of oppression and that provides an appropriate and humane education for all students in New York City.
Our Mission (what we do)
Our mission is to develop and support NYC public school parent leadership through education, networking and organizing.
Our Principles (what guides us)
- We strive to create a public school system that is equitable. Equity does not mean that we treat all students equally but rather elevate the needs of historically marginalized students, including but not limited to students with disabilities and English Language Learners.
- We believe all children gain from learning together, and embrace inclusive education that does not sort students by ability, race, socioeconomic status and any other student characteristics.
- We commit to hearing diverse points of view while condemning harmful rhetoric: we will fight to give voice to the marginalized.
- We actively engage in anti-racist actions to dismantle institutional and structural racism. In addition, we work to dismantle other forms of oppression, such as against students with disabilities, English Language Learners, and students living in poverty or against any student’s sexual orientation or gender identification.
- We hold each other accountable with compassion and understanding. Accountability is rooted in restorative justice and growth through reconciliation, not in punitive measures.
- We value transparency and communication, grounded in listening to understand rather than to respond, and acknowledging impact while trusting intent.