An equitable, inclusive, anti-racist public school system that provides an appropriate and humane education for all students
To elevate the voices of parents in advocating for changes at the systems level in public education in NYC.
Our Core Values
- We strive to create a public school system that is equitable. Equity does not mean that we treat all students equally but rather elevate the needs of historically marginalized students, including but not limited to students with disabilities and English Language Learners.
- We believe all children gain from learning together, and embrace inclusive education that does not sort students by ability, race, socioeconomic status and any other student characteristics.
- We commit to hearing diverse points of view while condemning harmful rhetoric: we will fight to give voice to the marginalized.
- We actively engage in anti-racist actions to dismantle institutional and structural racism. In addition, we work to dismantle other forms of oppression, such as against students with disabilities, English Language Learners, and students living in poverty or against any student’s sexual orientation or gender identification.
- We hold each other accountable with compassion and understanding. Accountability is rooted in restorative justice and growth through reconciliation, not in punitive measures.
- We value transparency and communication, grounded in listening to understand rather than to respond, and acknowledging impact while trusting intent.